Wednesday, April 1, 2015

From the Kitchen: Multigrain Corn Muffins

I am probably in the minority in that I'm not a huge fan of the standard cornbread mixes...I find them way too sweet!  I prefer my cornbread to be more savory than sweet, so this recipe that my mom makes is perfect!  The ingredients include oats, but they somehow disappear when these bake - there are no visible oats in the finished product!  These go great with soup or chili!





Multigrain Corn Muffins

Yield: 12 muffins
Cook time: 20-25 minutes


Ingredients:

1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
3 tablespoons wheat germ
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:


Preheat oven to 375.  Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.

In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, vegetable oil, and egg.  Add the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened (the batter may be lumpy).  

Spoon into the muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are golden and a toothpick comes out clean.  Serve warm, with butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10