Tuesday, November 3, 2015

A Day in the Life: 15 months

I love love LOVE day in the life posts...I love reading other people's to get a glimpse into what other people do all day, and I love looking back at my own to remember what this season of life was like with a 15-month-old C.  I almost always pick Wednesdays, my day off, since I'm home with C all day and that makes for a much more interesting day and better photos!  These were taken on September 30.  Blair was out of town for work, so I was flying solo all day.

6:45 AM - I wake up without an alarm since I'm used to getting up earlier than this for work.  I normally leave the house at 6:30 so I can be at work by 7, so 6:45 is "sleeping in".


7:35 AM - C has slept in this morning!  (He's normally up between 6:15 and 6:45.)  He yells in his crib until someone comes in to get him, and then he's all smiles.  I get him up and change his diaper, and then he's impatient and wanting breakfast.


7:53 AM - C's eating his typical breakfast of 2 homemade whole wheat waffles (from the freezer), whole milk, and a banana.







8:14 AM - C plays (pants-less, apparently) with his train in the nursery while I box up all of my maternity clothes.  (I had let a friend borrow them and she had just returned them, so time to pack away!)




8:23 AM - Another diaper change and C gets dressed for the day.  It's ridiculous that it's well into the fall and it's still warm enough in Dallas for him to wear shorts!




8:28 AM - I get the stroller ready to go on a walk and find C eating stale Cheerios out of the stroller storage area.  Great.  I grab a KIND bar to eat for breakfast on my walk.  I do not know what/if I would consume food as a mom if it weren't for KIND bars.  On Wednesdays and Fridays, when I'm home with C but Blair is at work, I eat a KIND bar for at least 1, if not 2, meals.  At least they're healthy-ish?




8:40 AM - I throw on some workout clothes and we're out the door at 8:43.  We take a 3.5 mile walk around the neighborhood.  I love using Map my Fitness to GPS our walks, mostly because I can them compare it to my Fitbit which drastically undercounts my steps and feel justified (I NEVER hit 10,000 steps in a day, even when I take a 5-mile walk!)  





9:49 AM - An hour later, we are home.  C fell asleep on the walk and I manage to transfer him from the stroller to his crib to continue his nap.  Woohoo!  I can shower alone!

10:48 AM - C is awake from his nap and ready to party!




10:54 AM - We play in the playroom for a while.  C loves toys that play annoying music at this age.  He also has the attention span of a gnat so he plays with each toy for approximately 12 seconds before moving on to the next one.  He cracks me up!  







12:07 PM - time for lunch (for C, that is).  I make him a veggie burger (his favorite), whole wheat macaroni, and mixed frozen vegetables.  




12:33 PM - C is snoozing for another nap.  He still takes at least 2 naps a day at this age, a short morning nap and a long nap from noon to 3-ish.    




12:38 PM - Somehow, our kitchen looks like this after every. single. meal. that C eats.  How can such a small person create so many dirty dishes?!  I tackle the messy counter and wash all the dishes.




12:47 PM - time for my own lunch (a day I DIDN'T eat a KIND bar for lunch!)  I make myself a veggie burger and a honeycrisp apple (the best!!!)




1:28 PM - time to fold some laundry that I started at some point earlier during the day.  Laundry never ends.  I try to do at least 2 loads on Wednesdays while I'm home.  After I start another load of laundry, I make a huge batch of homemade granola.




4:07 PM - C's up from his nap (3.5 hours!)  I love how much he loves his lovey and cuddles it while he sleeps.  We don't let him have his lovey or his paci except while he's napping/sleeping - when we pick him up out of his crib, he immediately drops both into his bed.


4:11 PM - the granola is done baking, so I take it out of the oven to cool while C plays in the playroom.




4:19 PM - time to run errands! My little partner is buckled up in the backseat ready to go buy groceries.




4:58 PM - we're leaving Kroger, groceries in cart.  C loves going to the grocery store and people watching.  He is turned around like this almost the whole time we shop!




5:31 PM - in the checkout line at Sprouts.  Yes, 2 grocery stores.  I tend to buy most of our produce at Sprouts because the selection and the prices are better than Kroger.  




6:15 PM - On our way home, we swing by a neighbor's house to purchase her hand-me-down PJs that she left out for us on her porch.  I love Facebook garage sales!  




6:41 PM - I put C in the playroom (with the baby gate) for a couple of minutes so I can make his dinner without him completely flipping out on me.  So instead he throws a fit in the playroom as if he hasn't eaten in months and is literally starving to death.  Toddler dramatics at their finest.




6:44 PM - C is FINALLY (ha) eating dinner.  He has not been into vegetables lately ever since he got a stomach bug, so I have taken to hiding/mixing them into his other food that he will eat.....hence this lovely creation of pasta/tomatoes/avocado/chicken/broccoli.  Yum?




7:16 PM - bathtime!  Yes, he's still in the baby tub.  Everyone makes fun of this.  It is so much faster than filling up the big tub!! Plus it is easier for me to wash his hair with him lying down in the baby tub.  I dread the day he (completely) outgrows it!




7:42 PM - lotion, PJs on, teeth brushed, prayers said, and bed with his paci and Lyle, his lovey.  We are so lucky how easily he goes to bed!  We turn off his light, turn on the sound machine, and he rolls over with Lyle and goes to sleep.




9:34 PM - I basically crash on the couch every night after we get C to bed....and I'd like to say that this terrible excuse for dinner is abnormal because Blair was out of town, but the reality is that we eat something like this for dinner at least a couple of times a week, just because we are too exhausted to think about cooking something more real.  I cut up another honeycrisp apple, along with some cheese and wheat thins.  Dinner of champions!




10:23 PM - I always peek in on C before I get in bed, and most nights I take a picture on my phone (the flash doesn't phase him) so I can see how sweet he looks sleeping!  I have dozens upon dozens of these pictures on my phone....so sweet!  After that, lights out and I'm asleep within 15 seconds of my head hitting the pillow!




 These days are busy but so fun!! I love this age and have so much fun hanging out with this little boy on Wednesdays - the perfect mid-workweek break!


3 comments:

  1. I breast fed my 2 children until the same age as your little boy. It certainly isn't the easiest task in the world. What I found worked for me was to offer juice at meal times in a beaker, and offer them a breast feed first thing in the morning and last thing at night

    best breast pumps in india

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you choose to use formula that is okay too, my son began formula at about 6-7 months because I found out I am pregnant again and he is still doing great so both work. It is your choice in the end. I plan to breastfeed again.

    best prams for babies in india

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at www.organicsareforeveryone.com for recipes. If you want to increase his weight, feed him calorie dense foods that are full of nutrients.

    best feeding bottle in india

    ReplyDelete

09 10