Wednesday, June 22, 2016

My Summer Mom Uniform

I will be the first to admit that I am far, far, far from fashionable on a daily basis, especially when I am trying to survive the Dallas summer heat and chasing a toddler at the same time.  I've recently added a few new summer items to my closet that are quickly becoming part of my Summer Mom Uniform.... tank + shorts + sandals = good to go!  Here are some of the things I'm wearing lately:


Gap 1969 white denim shorts
I love these white denim cutoff shorts from Gap!  They are the closest I've been able to find to my favorite shorts of all time, which were white denim cutoff MATERNITY shorts from Gap (ha!!)  White matches everything, and these are a good thickness that aren't too see through.  They have a bit of stretch to them but do run small, so I had to order a size up.

J Crew Factory Chino Shorts
These are great everyday shorts!  They're a little shorter than the LOFT shorts below (3" inseam) but they are a great lightweight cotton short that comes in a bunch of different colors!  Now that they've opened the J Crew Mercantile at the Shops at Park Lane in Dallas, I am a much more frequent shopper!



I buy a couple pairs of the LOFT 4" Riviera shorts every year - mostly in solid colors, but I have a few patterns too!  These are a great length for being mom-friendly (i.e., bending over to pick up kiddos) without being TOO old lady.  They also come in a 6" length for those who like longer shorts!  These wear great and come in a ton of colors!


Old Navy High Neck Tank


Old Navy tanks tend to be hit or miss for me - but this one is great!  It is the perfect amount of flowy without making you look like a tent, and the rayon fabric is super soft.  I bought it in this pattern shown and wish it came in more solid colors (I already have shirts similar to the colors it comes in).  Even though I am tall, the regular size tank was plenty long for me!


Old Navy Pom Pom Tank

HELLO!! Pom Poms!!  This tank is adorable!  I wish it came in more colors, but the black is so cute with bright colored or white shorts for summer!



I'm seriously in love with this Keyhole Tank from Gap - I already bought it in 3 colors (gray, green, black).  I love the flowy fit - it is long (almost tunic-length) and made of a super soft modal fabric.  Super lightweight so it's perfect for the hot weather!  I can wear this to work on Fridays with jeans and then change into shorts later (can be dressed up or down - bonus!)  

Kate Spade Glitter Studs
These Kate Spade multi-colored glitter studs match EVERYTHING - which means that I don't have to think about which earrings to grab when I'm throwing on my Mom Uniform!  I get compliments on these every time I wear them!

Tory Burch Miller Sandals

I wear these Tory Burch Miller sandals pretty much everyday when I'm home, and usually to work on Fridays too.  Yes, they are ridiculously pricey for sandals, but they are SO comfortable and still look brand new over a year (of frequent wear!) later.  The nude patent color matches everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10