Monday, June 8, 2015

From the Kitchen: 2-Ingredient Creamy Salsa Verde Dip

I love dips that you can make on 5 minutes' notice with things that are easy to keep on hand, and everyone wants the recipe after.  I made this and spicy black bean dip when I was co-hosting the neighborhood moms' bunco group this month and they were both a hit - and SO easy (this one is only 2 ingredients!!)  This dip resembles a queso (if you're from Texas, that will mean something to you) that is slightly sweet with a small kick from the salsa verde.




2-Ingredient Creamy Salsa Verde Dip

Ingredients:

1 8-ounce block cream cheese (I use the "1/3 less fat" neufchatel cheese so I can pretend this is healthy)
1 cup jarred salsa verde (I used the La Costena brand - found in the "international" aisle at the grocery store with the Mexican ingredients)

Directions:

Put the cream cheese and salsa verde in a microwave-safe bowl.  Cover and microwave in 1-minute increments, stirring after each minute until well blended and the cream cheese is fully melted (this usually takes 3 minutes in my microwave).  Yep.....that's it.  

Serve with tortilla chips and act like it was a lot more effort than it was.  This is good both warm or at room temperature.  If you're feeling fancy, add a can of corn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10