Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday Favorites

I'm linking up with MomfessionalsGrace and Love, and A Little Bit of Everything to share my Friday favorites!


1.  Starbucks Gold Card


I don't know why I am so excited about this (my husband is notably NOT excited that this means I have been to Starbucks THAT MANY TIMES).  I think it's because I equate it to a mommy badge of honor, in that I didn't begin frequenting Starbucks quite so frequently until after C was born, when I was on maternity leave and looking for somewhere, anywhere, that I could walk from my house with a stroller.  Insert Starbucks, sitting on the patio holding my tiny baby..  That, and the fact that that it's glittery (unlike the one shown above).  With my uptick in Starbucks frequency I have branched out and tried a few new things, but I still haven't found anything that tops my grande-decaf-nonfat-one-pump-white-mocha-no-whip. (Note: the new Tiramisu latte was awful.)

2.  Walking to Run Errands

Via

On the same strain as #1...I love walking to run errands whenever I can.  It helps me justify my jogging walking stroller.  Before C was born, the thought of walking to the grocery store, or Starbucks, or Homegoods, would never have even crossed my mind.  After my C section, when I wasn't allowed to drive, walking to these places was the only way I could get out of the house during the day when Blair was at work.  Now, I love walking anywhere and everywhere if I have the time.   On Wednesday, my day off, we enjoyed the beautiful weather with a 6-mile roundtrip trek to Hobby Lobby.

3.  Dallas St. Patrick's Day

Via

St. Patrick's Day in Dallas is one of my favorites!  We used to live close to the parade route on Greenville and met up with a bunch of friends to stand in the beds of pickup trucks and watch the parade.  However, if we're being honest, it is a crap parade and a total zoo.  Hanging out with friends + babies at a house party in the M Streets is much more our speed - especially because it involves the best North Carolina-style pulled pork EVER on the Green Egg.  This year we'll be skipping the parade but hopefully enjoying beautiful weather in our friends' front yard...and there should still be plenty of crazy parade-goers walking down the street for our entertainment.

4. Chick-fil-A Frosted Lemonade?!

  Chick-fil-A<span class='reg'>&reg;</span> Frosted Lemonade

I just got an email about this today and pretty much can't wait to try it this weekend.....it's basically a lemonade-milkshake (Chick-fil-A lemonade blended with their vanilla soft-serve).  I LOVE Chick-fil-A lemonade, so I can't imagine how this wouldn't be amazing!! Have you tried it?!

5.  These Energy Bites



So maybe I've eaten a whole batch of these energy bites...by myself...in the past 9 days.  Whatever.  I justify it by telling myself they're healthy-ish (although not low-cal) and hey, whatever it takes to keep my milk supply up!!  They taste like cookie dough so I feel like I'm really onto something here.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10