Wednesday, August 31, 2016

What's Up Wednesday: August

WhatsUpWedUpdated

Today I'm linking up with The Larson LingoMix & Match Mama, and Sheaffer Told Me To to share What's Up Wednesday...

What We're Eating This Week



I made these Southwestern Stuffed Bell Peppers for a friend with a new baby last week; luckily, the recipe is generous (12 bell pepper halves!), so there was plenty left for us to eat too!  They're just as good leftover as they are on night one - which is my kind of dinner!


What I'm Reminiscing About

Image result for castiglione fiorentino
Via

The summer before my freshman year at A&M, I went on a 3-week leadership seminar in Italy for National Merit Scholars.  We stayed in the tiny town of Castiglion Fiorentino in the Tuscany region of Italy.   It was a life-changing experience where I learned lots of Italian culture and history, sparked a love for international travel (it was the first of 5 trips overseas I ended up taking during college), and made a bunch of really good friends that I remained close to for the rest of college.  It's been 14 years (eek) since that Italy trip, and a bunch of us are reuniting in Dallas in a couple of weeks - some of whom I haven't seen in 7-10 years!  It will be fun to reminisce about old times, both in Italy and throughout our years at A&M, and also meet everyone's spouses and kiddos!

What I'm Loving


I am loving the slightly cooler weather in the forecast (and hopefully the corresponding reduction in my electricity bill!)  It's still summer by most of the world's standards, but this is starting to look like fall for North Texans!  Look at those highs in the 80's!

What We've Been Up To

We have been busy trying to stay entertained inside!  Between the mosquitoes and the heat, being outside has been a no-go....so lots of Rec center open gym, mall play areas, and indoor play dates.  

What I'm Dreading

I have 5-6 trips coming up in the next 2 months, between out-of-town wedding showers, bachelorette parties, and work trips.  I'm not dreading the trips themselves - they'll be super fun! - but I'm exhausted just thinking about all of the packing and unpacking and laundry....and making sure the boys have groceries to survive!

What I'm Working On

I'm working on plans for my sister's bachelorette party next month!  I'm excited for a girls' day - an afternoon at the spa, a lingerie party at home, and a fun souffle restaurant for dinner!

What I'm Excited About

Image result for kyle field
Via

Aggie football starts soon!  While I can't pretend to be a football lover, I do love an excuse to wear maroon to work on Fridays and talk smack to my coworkers!

What I'm Watching/Reading

Image result for bachelor in paradise

We're watching Bachelor in Paradise, but we're always a week behind since we got rid of cable and have to watch it online.  It's such trash but we love the mindlessness of it!

Image result for veep tv show

Since it's summer and the rest of TV is awful, we started watching Veep.  I hadn't heard much about this show other than seeing it constantly get nominated for Emmys.  It is hilarious, although probably slightly offensive and they use a lot of bad language!

What I'm Listening To

Fisher-Price Sunday School Sing-Along

When C's in the car, we have this Sunday School Sing-Along CD on repeat - he loves it!  When I'm alone, I'm a Top 40's girl.  Right now, "Cheap Thrills" is my jam!

What I'm Wearing



When I'm not at work, I'm still sporting my "summer mom uniform" = shorts + tank top + sandals.  I'm trying to get every last wear out of my white denim before Labor Day (as the rule follower I am!)

What I'm Doing This Weekend

We're celebrating Labor Day with our Sunday School class with a pool party at a friend's house!  I'm excited for Ryan's famous smoked meat and all the delicious appetizers, sides, and dessert that happen when this group gets together....not to mention all the cutie kids in the pool!

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month


I can't wait for my soon-to-be sister-in-law's bachelorette party in Horseshoe Bay! We're renting a huge house that has an amazing pool and is right on the lake = beautiful views!  It will be a super fun weekend of girl time!

What Else Is New

Not much!  Between work and my siblings' weddings (and related prep, showers, bachelorette parties, etc.), we have been busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10