Friday, September 16, 2016

Friday Favorites

Friday Favorites

Woohoo, it's Friday!!  I'm linking up with MomfessionalsGrace and Love, and A Little Bit of Everything to share my Friday favorites!  

Italy Reunion This Weekend

Tomorrow I get to hang out with some of my favorite people from college -- the crew that I went with a 3-week leadership seminar in Italy before our freshman year at A&M.  There were about 30 of us incoming freshmen who went on this trip, and it was truly life-changing - both the friendships and the experience of "living abroad" for 3 weeks (my first trip without my parents and my first time to Europe!)  We stayed in the adorable Tuscan town of Castiglion Fiorentino and took lots of day trips to other cities around Italy!  This is the only digital pic I could find of some of the group, since that was pre-digital camera days and I'm too lazy to scan a hard copy....but it will be so fun to catch up!



My Little Helper in the Kitchen


For the past couple of weeks we've gotten Hello Fresh (a meal delivery service), which mean I'm actually cooking real dinners (woo!)  Working, picking up C, and trying to get dinner on the table is a CHALLENGE, and we had defaulted way too much to feeding C dinner on his own and then figuring something out for ourselves (aka Jimmy John's) after he went to bed.  No more excuses, since the ingredients are in my fridge and the instructions spelled out for me!   C is SO sweet when I'm cooking dinner -- he drags a chair across the kitchen from our table and climbs up to "help" me.....he loves to add pepper and salt and help me "stir" (insisting on having his own spoon/spatula).  I will cherish this memory and hopes he always wants to help me cook!

If you're interested - check out my full (unbiased!) review of Hello Fresh here.

My New Diffuser


InnoGear 100ml Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser Portable Ultrasonic Diffusers with Color LED Lights Changing and Waterless Auto Shut-off Function for Home Office Bedroom Room

I'm very much a novice when it comes to essential oils -- I'm not sure yet that I believe in their medicinal qualities, but I love diffusing oils as an alternative to scented candles, and I do think that scent can have a psychological effect (calming, energizing, etc.)  I have a few essential oils that I'd been using with my steam mop (not in the water - just a few drops sprinkled on the mop pad), but until recently hadn't bit the bullet on a diffuser, mostly due to the cost.  This diffuser is less than $20 and seems to do the trick!  C loves the option to have the changing colors, although it can stay one solid color or not be lit at all.  It's on the small side, which I like - it's not another big thing sitting on my counter.  

Maybe this cold and flu season I'll venture out and test out some more oils!  Right now, I've been sticking to lavender and this affordable set of 6 essential oil blends I bought on Amazon (don't even get me started on multi-level marketing essential oil companies!)  So far, we like the Health Shield (similar to "Thieves"), Breathe, and Good Night.  I'm super careful what I diffuse around C, since rosemary, eucalyptus, and peppermint are not recommended for young children -- one of the chemicals in these oils can slow the respiratory system of young children, causing them to slow their breathing significantly.  I like those scents (and these oils are included in many blends!) so I limit diffusing them to when C's not home, or in a different room while he's asleep.  Anyhow, experimenting with this new toy is a favorite this week!

Naptime Pedicures!


Image result for opi kerry blossom
Via
(Not a picture of my feet - you're welcome!)

Last Saturday I ventured out with a few girlfriends for pedicures during our kiddos' naptimes!  Why haven't we done this before?!  The husbands are all home, probably watching football -- perfect opportunity for a little girl time!  I tried out the new fall/winter 2016 OPI color Kerry Blossom on my toes, which is a perfect dark purple (with a slight maroon color) for fall!  It's still 95 degrees in Dallas, but my toes are ready for fall!


2 comments:

  1. I love the Friday favorites, I need that nail polish asap! I hope you have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in love with the OPI Scandal Collection!!! It has so many great colors.

    ~Melanie @ forloveandtravel.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

09 10