Friday, August 18, 2017

Friday Favorites: Costco Edition

It's Friday, which means I'll likely make a Costco run this weekend!  Like Trader Joe's, Costco is another place that I find overwhelming and need recommendations from friends in order to find new things to try!  With the bulk quantity, I am always hesitant to try new things because we'll be stuck with a ton of it if we hate it!  We just got a Costco membership about a month ago (the weekend before baby M was born!); here are some of our favorites.  What else do you love to buy there?

Image result for costco tortilla crusted tilapia

Tortilla Crusted Tilapia

My mom got me hooked on this; it is great to have on hand in the freezer for a quick dinner (it bakes in the oven in 10-15 minutes).  Even my 3 year old likes it!


Image result for costco tortilla soup
Chicken Tortilla Soup

I almost always have some of this on hand for a quick meal, too!  It comes in a twin pack, so we'll often eat one right away and freeze the other for later (it freezes really well!)  Add some avocado, grated cheese, and tortilla strips on top, and dinner is done!  Again, my toddler will eat this, so I consider that a win.

Image result for costco tomato basil soup
Tomato Basil Soup

Ditto to everything about the Chicken Tortilla Soup above - this is also delicious, freezes well, and makes a great dinner paired with grilled cheese.



Image result for costco chicken salad

Rotisserie Chicken Salad

This chicken salad is delicious!  My husband likes to buy it on Sunday and then take it in his lunch for work all week.  We always sort through all the containers to find the smallest one, though, because it is a huge quantity of chicken salad!



Image result for blue moose boulder fig

Blue Moose of Boulder Fig Spread

They were giving out samples of this fig spread last week, and of course it was delicious and I had to impulse buy it.  It is cream-cheese based and delicious on crackers as an appetizer.  We didn't need a huge tub of it tempting us in the freezer, so I froze most of it in smaller portions -- hopefully it thaws well!

Image result for costco multigrain crackers
Multigrain Crackers

These are the crackers that were being served with the fig spread above, and they are SO good - either by themselves or with a dip of some kind!


Image result for costco nature's garden snack packs

Nature's Garden Trail Mix Snack Packs

My toddler loves "trail mix", and so far I have managed to hide from him the fact that some of them contain things like M&Ms ad chocolate chips.  I like these because they are individually packaged (easy for the diaper bag!) and contain only dried fruit and nuts - no added salt or chocolate.


Image result for costco margarita mix
Ready-to-Drink Margaritas

This is one of those things that I would never have tried if my mom hadn't introduced me to it!  Call it tacky, but these ready-to-drink margaritas are delicious!  Chill the bottle and, if you're classy like me, drink over crushed ice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10