Friday, August 25, 2017

Friday Favorites: Favorites under $10

Yay, Friday!  We have a weekend full of birthday parties and plans with friends - I can't wait!  This Friday I'm sharing some of my favorite recent purchases under $10...

Belvita Breakfast Biscuits

Nabisco belVita Breakfast Biscuits Cranberry Orange - 5 Count


Normally, I eat breakfast at work, since my company provides a free cafeteria with hot breakfast and lunch.  Since I'm home on maternity leave, I've had to figure out a quick and easy breakfast option to keep on hand.  I first tried these Belvita breakfast biscuits when they were included in the hotel "welcome bag" for my brother's wedding; now, I'm addicted and have tried 4 different flavors.  (My favorite are the cranberry orange and coconut; the blueberry are good too.  I like the cinnamon brown sugar the least so far).  There are 4 biscuits in each package, which makes them perfect for on-the-go (or one-handed while nursing) breakfasts.  Grocery stores generally sell them in a 5-pack, but Amazon has them at a better price in a 12-pack.


Gain Scent Booster

Gain Fireworks In-Wash Original Scent Booster 26.5 Oz

I am a sucker for good-smelling laundry, and I love these scent boosters that you add to the washing machine - the laundry comes out smelling great!  I'd been using the Dreft scent booster for a while and wanted something new.  The Gain scent booster smells amazing!


Love Unending devotional


I was looking for a new devotional and came across this Love Unending: Rediscovering Your Marriage in the Midst of Motherhood book.  I am loving it!  This book has 21 days of "challenges", reflections, and prayers to strengthen your marriage - simple things, such as greeting your spouse when they come home, forgiving your spouse quickly, and being intentional about thanking your spouse.  The focus of the book is on doing the things that came naturally at the beginning of your relationship (i.e., before kids) that sometimes fall by the wayside when we are stressed/busy/overwhelmed with raising a family.  I mostly love how "real" the author is in describing her own experiences.  I think it has definitely helped me change my attitude and my actions!


Braided 10-foot iPhone Charging Cord


Technically, these are more than $10, but that's for 3...so they come out to less than $10 each :) This seems ridiculous, but this thing makes my life SO much easier.  The charging cord that comes with the iPhone 1) falls apart too quickly and 2) is not nearly long enough!  My phone is almost always on super low battery, and these 10 foot cords mean that I can have it plugged in AND still comfortably use it sitting on the couch or laying in bed.  I think the braided cord is a lot more durable, too.  I have one of these in almost every room of the house!


OPI Passion nail polish

OPI Nail Polish, Passion, 0.5 fl. oz.

OPI "Passion" is my go-to color right now - it goes on super sheer, so you can't tell how bad I am at painting my own nails or how chipped they are from constant dish and bottle washing.  I feel more like a human when my nails are painted (and I pick at them less), so I slap on a coat or 2 of this once a week and feel much more polished (pun intended).


Ozark Trail (aka fake Yeti) Cup

Ozark Trail 20-Ounce Double-Wall, Vacuum-Sealed Tumbler

I have a real Yeti cup and this Walmart knock-off brand is IDENTICAL - in size and how effective it is at keeping drinks cold/hot.  I love all the color choices and mostly that it's LESS THAN $8.  This way, I can justify having several since I have a 3-year-old who likes to drink out of my cup, so it's almost always in the dishwasher (which I think is technically not recommended but, again, 8 dollars.)






No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10