Thursday, October 23, 2014

Baby 101: What's In My Diaper Bag... 0-3 Months

During the last few weeks of my pregnancy, I scoured the internet for lists of what needed to go in my diaper bag for my newborn.  I have a Petunia Pickle Bottom Boxy Backpack, which I love, mostly because it has both a shoulder strap and backpack straps.  I like the backpack straps when I'm carrying the infant carrier but prefer the shoulder strap when I'm using the snap-and-go stroller frame, because it fits over the stroller handles.  

Here's what's in my diaper bag right now...


1.  Diapers

Obviously.  I try to keep 4-5 diapers in my diaper bag at all times.  We like Huggies Little Snugglers or Pampers Swaddlers.

2.  Baby Wipes

My diaper bag came with a travel baby wipe container, but if not, I'd need one of those too. We love Huggies Natural Care wipes

3.  Vaseline

At first we used this to care for our son's circumcision, and now I keep it on hand in case diaper rash starts to show up.

4.  Hand Sanitizer

I love the Purell jelly wrap because I can hang the hand sanitizer on the outside of the diaper bag for easy access.

5.  Disposable Diaper Bag Dispenser

Similar to the bags you use for dog poop....these Munchkin bags are lightly scented and handy when you're disposing of a dirty diaper at someone's house or in a public place.  Also handy to have hanging on the outside of the diaper bag!

6.  Extra Outfit

In case of blowouts...I just have to remember to make sure to keep the size of the outfit up to date!  I think there's still a newborn size onesie in there!

7.  Wet Bag

To contain soiled clothes from aforementioned blowouts...I have the Itzy Ritzy wet bag.

8.  Muslin Swaddle Blanket

Handy to use as a blanket, to cover the carseat (to keep strangers at Starbucks from touching him!!), or on the floor to lay baby down on.  We love how soft the Aden + Anais muslin swaddle blankets are!

9.  Nursing Cover

Some people are brave enough to nurse in public without a nursing cover, but I'm not one of them.  I prefer to keep things covered and like how the Itzy Ritzy nursing cover is lined so it doesn't blow around in the wind like thinner nursing covers do!  

10.  2-3 Burp Cloths

My son is a major spitter-upper...I need 2-3 burp cloths for EVERY trip out of the house.  I like Aden + Anais burp cloths or 6-ply Gerber cloth diapers (they're so absorbent!)

11. Disposable Nursing Pads

I use re-useable nursing pads on a regular basis but keep a pair of disposable nursing pads in the diaper bag for emergencies.  I like the Lansinoh brand the best.

12.  Stroller Toy

A stroller toy is key for entertaining a fussy baby.  

13.  Pacifier

I always double check to make sure there's a pacifier in the diaper bag before leaving the house - I think that's a mistake you only make once :)  My picky baby will only take the Mam brand.

14.  Pacifier Disinfecting Wipes

Being in public without a useable pacifier is the kind of thing that gives me nightmares.  We got the Gumdrop brand as a baby shower gift and they work great!

15.  Snack for Mom

Because mom doesn't always have time to eat lunch at a reasonable hour, and also because breastfeeding makes me ravenously hungry.  I feel OK about Kind bars since they're protein-filled and actually filling enough to stave off the hunger pangs.  I have yet to try a flavor I haven't liked, but my favorite is the Apple Cinnamon Pecan.

16.  Bottled Water

Similar to #15, breastfeeding also makes me crazy thirsty!


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10