Thursday, September 4, 2014

Baby 101: The Complete Baby Registry Checklist


Creating a baby registry can be overwhelming for a first time mom!  I did the majority of my baby registry with the help of two friends who had recently had babies themselves; this saved my husband from having to spend hours in Buy Buy Baby and gave me the benefit of their firsthand experience with baby products!  I took my husband back later to make the big decisions, like the carseat and stroller, but he was happy to avoid debating which bottles, pacifiers, bibs, and swaddle blankets we needed!

I registered at 3 stores: Buy Buy Baby, Babies R Us, and Pottery Barn Kids.  I've included below my baby registry suggestions; in parenthesis are links to the specific items I registered for.  I hope you find this helpful as you create your own baby registry!


Nursery


 
Bedding
Clothing
I would not bother registering for outfits/onesies -- first, because people will pick out what they like, and second, because the stock in stores changes so often with the seasons that what you register for will likely no longer be available when your showers come around.
  • 3-pack of small/medium SwaddleMe infant wraps (Busy Bees print
  • 3-pack of large SwaddleMe infant wraps (Superstar print)
  • 2 medium Halo Sleepsack wearable blankets (100% cotton in Sage) - you'll want these in the medium size if your baby will be going to daycare, since most daycares don't allow swaddle blankets
  • 1 4-pack Aden & Anais swaddle blankets (Safari Animals print)
  • 2 packages socks
  • 1 package scratch mittens (Carters)
  
Health/Safety
  
Feeding
Your insurance should pay for a breast pump - don’t buy one!
  
Bathing
  
Changing Table
Activity
On the Go
Stroller and Carseat

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10